whimsy

whimsy

Friday 5 October 2012

our kitchen art

About 2 years ago I broke a full length mirror, I know... I wasn't very happy about it. I kept the frame and that day the kids and I drew a picture for inside it. It's been up on our wall kitchen since. Today I took it down and asked that they help me paint it to be more colourful- especially since they're such clever artist these days : ) They painted the already drawn details and I went around the background with a left over test pot I found. I love it, especially since ( as they did with the drawing) the had an end each. I like that they're different and, being their mum, I can see their wee personalities in the brush strokes.

a great deal of creating goes on at this table, it's well loved and luckily easily wiped down ( or scrubbed!)






No comments:

Post a Comment