whimsy

whimsy

Sunday 1 July 2012

role playing

Like most kids, ours love to pretend. Today they've gone camping ( we've never been camping) and often they're on holiday ( and we rarely go on holiday lol!). I love encouraging their imaginations, I'm just a big kid really. I asked them what they're going to do at their camp out and they said, among other things, that they're going to roast marsh mellows. I scrunched up M's red jacket, some yellow fabric, propped up some fire wood and sellotaped some cotton balls to the ends of skewers- a bonfire and marsh mellows to roast on it -30 seconds work for by me for half an hour so far of imaginative play. They're doing a lot of sleeping in their sleeping bags, getting up, eating marsh mellows and going back to bed- sounds like a pretty nice holiday to me!



2 comments: