whimsy

whimsy

Saturday 21 July 2012

DIY clothes hanger

I've been meaning to make one of these for a while as lately M has decided that she'd like to wear dresses more often. The kid's rooms don't have wardrobes. I've had her dresses folded in the top drawer of some drawers that hold their dress up clothes- not ideal. It was a very easy process and didn't cost me anything but my time. The pictures pretty much say it all but here's the steps anyway:

1. Find ( or on my case- saw off) a tree branch.
2. Cut the smaller branches off it, leave some longer if you like.
3. Paint it white with 2 coats of paint. I used left overs from test pots.
4. Put some hooks into the ceiling ( or in my case put some small nails in the picture rail).
5. Tie a very long length of fishing string to each hook.
6. Tie the bottom part fishing string to each end of the branch- try and get it level-ish and then tie it firmly.
7. Hang clothes on, step back and admire : )

I thought M might like to hang some of her necklaces on the smaller branches and her bags on the ends. 






so simple and cute

4 comments: