whimsy

whimsy

Wednesday 30 January 2013

school books covered

Our girl starts school next week. She's really excited and we are for her, she's so ready to go. Being a parent as well as a teacher may explain why I'm so keen to promote anything that will encourage her to take pride in her work. I love seeing kids with books that have been covered at home. I think it's a fun for way them to express themselves and share a bit of their personality with their class. I also love to do this kind of thing!

We have a big stash of supplies so before bed time I let M choose some old birthday cards, scrap book paper, stickers and wrapping paper that she liked. I ( the book cover fairy) glued them all together while she slept. Each book is different, because it's fun and because I knew I'd like doing it.

I made my life a bit easier by buying clear Ez covers for some of the regular sized books. They're sinple to put on and can be used again and again. They have fun designs and colours but we went for clear so we could decorate the cover ourselves first. I used clear duraseal for the other books ( sooo much harder!). Here's the link for the ez covers: https://www.ezcover.co.nz/faq.htm

Here are her books, I like the owl and tight rope pig ones best. M is pretty keen on the fairy ones and thanked me this morning saying ' I just love them all'  x









 


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE it! Exactly what we used to do as kids and i am so looking forward to doing it with my kids! Gorgeous work :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. cute - I swallowed my pride and let my boys decorate their own books...it's not pretty. I love your ones they are beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  3. Miriam, I applaud you : ) I will probably let her decorate her own next year - not sure she'd handle duraseal yet- probably wrap herself lol!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great way to cover books. I didn't have to cover my boys books this year but did it quickly for my daughter with a strip of patterned coverseal.

    I posted up my daughters dress today on my blog for show n tell. ;)

    ReplyDelete