whimsy

whimsy

Thursday 10 January 2013

a watercolour gift

This year with our closest group of friends we did a 'secret santa' which turned out to be not that secret but anyway, over the years my friend has appreciated handmade pressies so I thought she'd like this. She has two gorgeous boys who are so loved. She's such a fabulous mum to them that I wanted to make her something special with them as the subject.

The idea came from one of my all time favourite pinterest finds. Everything you need to know to make your own is here- and it really is as easy as it looks: http://growcreative.blogspot.com.au/2012/09/easy-watercolor-portrait-tutorial.html?m=1

Here's my effort, I framed it with a white frame when it gave it to her but didn't get a photo of that.


I've missed painting so this will not be the last time I make one of these. Another blogger who tried this diy erinellenberger used words that also describe how I feel when I paint  "... but when I paint, it is all I think about.  My mind easily slips into a silence I rarely know and serenity comes."


that's the altered photo on the left


Joining in with 3xsunshine's show and tell linky





4 comments:

  1. that is so cool, would love to try this one day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely clever gift - i'm sure she loved it! Thank you for linking up! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That would be a beautiful gift to receive...what a lovely thing to do! Thanks for the link :)

    ReplyDelete