whimsy

whimsy

Sunday 6 January 2013

chair rescue!

On New Years day we went for a walk on the beach. We were at the Rangitata huts. Every New Years night they light a gorgeous big bonfire at midnight. Below is the bonfire all ready to go AFTER I rescued 5 ( what I think are lovely) bentwood chairs. I'm going to do them up by giving them a sand and a rub with linseed oil. The previous owner of the chairs noticed that they had been removed and word got around about my 'pre-match' actions. Thankfully, she was pleased to hear that they were going to a good home and like most of the people there had a bit of a chuckle at my 'nuttiness'- but seriously- could you have watched them burn?

I plan to add padded seats too so I'll post pictures when they're done : )





7 comments:

  1. love them - good for you for being prepared to bonfire dive xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brilliant, i've heard of skip-siving for treasure, but this is the first bonfire diving i've heard of!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The huts have been there for ages and my mother in law tells me there's been all sorts of furniture put on the bonfires over the years...imagine all the treasures burned...lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are nice chairs... my Dad did up some similar when we were little :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  6. OMGoodness I would have rescued them also
    LOVE

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've had a good look at them and it turns out they're Austrian- would love to know how they ended up in a bach at the Rangitata!

    ReplyDelete