whimsy

whimsy

Thursday 14 June 2012

home made learning games

I made this number wheel today, I used the length of red and black sample tape that came with my dymo label maker ( I LOVE that thing!). Both children enjoyed matching the numbered pegs to the corresponding 'dots' on the circle. I'll make more learning games like this, I got the idea from Pinterest and have a board set up for collecting Montessori inspired activities and another for School activities. I particularly like the idea of making more Montessori inspired resources. The kids respond really well to them because they're 'hands on, inspired by practical life and lots are self correcting. They're also made with natural materials and are brightly coloured- win win! If you'd like to, you can read more about Montesori here: About Montessori.

"I work with my hands and learn by doing. What I hear I forget, what I do I remember."
-Maria Montessori







2 comments:

  1. Great idea! I'm pretty sure this would keep my daughter happy for hours.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So doing this, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete