whimsy

whimsy

Monday 30 September 2013

jigsaw bags

We have lots of jigsaws. The kids were really keen on them over the colder months but they haven't been played with as much lately. 

I wanted to pack them up but many had ripped boxes or nothing at all to be stored in. As a solution I bought some pillowcases from an oppy for 50c each- they're less expensive than fabric and already 1/2 sewn : )

When cut in half each pillowcase made up 2 drawstring bags. I used some lengths of ribbon as drawstrings and wrote the name of the jigsaw puzzle on the outside of the bag. They're tucked away in the laundry cupboard until next Winter.

I've made a few spares as I'm sure we'll find other things to store in them.




2 comments:

  1. I am so impressed with your ingenuity for tidy-ness, why didn't you think of this when you were a teenager, was impossible to find any jigsaw pieces on your bedroom floor then (or your brother's floor for that matter) !! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very clever using the pillowcases! we love drawstring bags :)

    ReplyDelete