whimsy

whimsy

Sunday 2 September 2012

something for me

I bought this wooden tall boy off trade me for $50. I needed a smaller set of drawers for our bedroom for two reasons. One, I needed to be forced to have a serious clothes cull as there's so many tops, skirts and pants shoved in my old drawers that I don't like, fit or wear and two, we were crying out for some more floor space. Here's the 'before' picture from trade me.


I'm not sure what type of wood it is but apart from some water marking it was in good condition. After removing the handles I stripped the varnish off with paint stripper, sanded it, stained it and applied two coats of polyurethane. I put the old bakelite handles back on (because I liked them) and now it looks like this.


I'm really pleased with it. My clothes cull was a very serious one so after deciding to hang up even more things in my wardrobe my drawers are looking very organised and tidy- there may even be a teeny bit of space for a few purchases in Wellington next month!

I sold the 'old' drawers for $39 ( they got a bargain) and since I had stain, sandpaper and polyurethane in the garage this project really only cost me my time and $11- nice.

I'm going to hang this cool mirror a friend gave me too

1 comment: