whimsy

whimsy

Monday 6 May 2013

my chair

Here's the next chair, mine for my desk. Not every tiny trace of paint is off it but I like it they way it is and I'm happy with how it came up.

It was a lot of work stripping off the blue paint (which is why this one is the only one that will have a wood finish).  If you've never sanded wood back and then applied linseed oil then you should, it's sooooo satisfying seeing the oil soak into it and watching the colour of the wood change.

The seat fabric is a fat quarter from By the yard, Dandelions in Gray on White from the Pure collection by Stof.

I was fiddling with another piece I got too- Backyard Baby, Birch Forest. I put that in a big embroidery hoop to display on the wall white I decide what to make with it. I'm liking the little woodpecker. 

I'm thinking that that fabric and something else nice might eventually re-cover the shade I have for my standard lamp.







Here's a reminder of how they looked when we found them on a bonfire.


9 comments:

  1. Love it Becky, you have done a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks fantastic Becky, well done :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replies
    1. thanks Miriam, I should decoupage one too!

      Delete
  4. Found on a bonfire! Crazy! Amazing what some people throw away. You have done an amazing job. I love the Dandelion fabric.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank's heaps- yes, I couldn't believe my luck! I love the fabric too- might make some new cushions in it maybe? : )

      Delete
  5. These look so cool! I have four chairs I rescued a few months ago and they are sitting in my garage. You have inspired me to get them out and give them a new live. Thanks Becky!

    ReplyDelete