whimsy

whimsy

Saturday 11 May 2013

leaf crowns

We bought T a new bookshelf today and the packaging included some nice even strips of corrogated card... I know, I'm easily pleased.

A wee while ago I saw this  very cool feather head dress made by Louana of nz green buttons. The feathers were poked down into the little corrogation holes. Have a look at the link to get a better idea of the instructions- she explains it much better :).

We poked leaves in ours and I used masking tape to make a sticky strip across the front for attaching leaf 'jewels' as T called them.

When they'd added all of the leaves I wrapped the finished crowns around their heads. When I had the correct size I wrapped more masking tape around the join to finish.

It was a happy half an hour : )



4 comments:

  1. We used to make these as children too, we used feathers then to be an 'Indian', mmmmmm times have changed. I have a great photo of your Uncle Peter when he was about 6 or 7, I try and find it...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Replies
    1. thanks for your comment Angela. It was fun, I'm a bit in love with autumn leaves, it must be the colours : )

      Delete
  3. They are awesome! Loved Louana's and love yours!

    ReplyDelete