whimsy

whimsy

Tuesday 7 February 2012

valentines day

I like Valentines day, I tell my family that I love them daily but I don't think there's anything wrong with saying it again on Feb 14th. The children and I made these gifts for family members ( potential spoiler there!). We started with some already played with red playdough which we rolled out. I helped the children cut out heart shapes and we used lace and the rolling pin to press patterns into the dough. I baked them at a low heat for 3 hours and let them dry out for a few more days. We applied a layer of silver paint by dabbing it with an old sponge and once that was dry I spray varnished them. I've hung them on ribbon and now have to think of a nice way to package them and in some cases post them as they're quite delicate. We made a special one for Dad with his name on it. Mum, you can choose yours!








No comments:

Post a Comment