whimsy

whimsy

Thursday, 5 February 2015

Reduced sugar banana muffins


I got this recipe from a lovely mum at my kid's school. I've been trying to think about how much sugar we're eating so thought I'd try these. With the chocolate chips- you could argue there's not a great deal less sugar- but I think these would make a good base for fruit muffins so next time I'll try them without choc chips and with some cut up pear, apple or apricots.

I doubled this recipe and got 12 regular muffins and 12 mini ones.

3 bananas mashed
1/4 cup sugar
100g butter
1 egg
3 tbps milk
1tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp salt
1 1/2 cups flour
1/2 cup choc chips

Mash bananas, add sugar, melted butter, egg and milk.

Add sifted bp, bs, flour and salt to above mixture

Add choc chips

Spoon into muffin pans and bake for 15 - 20 mins @ 190c
 

No comments:

Post a Comment